MEAG is a major asset management force in the European financial sector. We are the global asset manager of Munich Re, and at the same time offer our comprehensive know-how to both, private clients and external institutional investors.
MEAG Luxembourg S.à r.l. is a dynamic UCITS management company and an alternative investment fund manager, which serves as a hub for cross-border business with international institutional investors and is dedicated to supporting the global business activities of Munich Re.
We bundle extensive know-how in all key asset classes under one roof and ensure that our investors’ money is in good hands.
MEAG Luxembourg is looking for an experienced Compliance Officer (m/f), who can start as soon as possible:
As our Compliance Officer you will report to the Board of Management. You will anticipate, identify and assess the company's compliance risks and help limit them by designing and implementing a compliance and reporting process for our company in Luxembourg, working closely with other support functions. You will ensure communication across all operations and build compliance awareness within the organisation. Key aspects of this role include:
- Meeting the compliance standards incumbent on the company
- Assisting and advising the Board on compliance and standards, notably by drawing their attention to changes in standards that may impact the company
- Proactively driving the identification and evaluation of potential compliance risks in the organisation, assessing their consequences and implementing the overall compliance policy
- Ensuring that the company monitors outsourced activities in line with local regulations
- Ensure AML Compliance, protecting client interests, data and professional secrecy, preventing and managing conflicts of interest and all compliance risks, especially in cross-border activities
- Co-ordinating the company's compliance-adequate set-up, assessing weaknesses and proposing corrective measures
- Ensuring that compliance assessments are performed on processes, and reporting on compliance in an appropriate way
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, liaising with internal and external auditors and ensuring timely and correct reporting
- Actively contributing to new products and projects, including meeting regulatory demands
What we offer
- Our Compliance Officer will be a university graduate with at least 3 years of experience in the financial industry, preferably working in a compliance or legal department in Luxembourg
- You will have experience in the fund industry, knowledge of the Luxembourg regulatory environment and the capacity to work autonomously and prioritise
- Excellent analytical skills, risk awareness and a structured and solution-oriented working style
- High standards of performance for yourself and the aspiration to meet challenging objectives
- Dedication, motivation and proven team spirit, a high level of commitment and the desire to work in a dynamic and demanding environment
- You are well organised, progress oriented, flexible, and have excellent communication skills
- You have a strong command of English and German. French or other languages are an asset
- A Compliance Officer role in a dynamic Chapter 15 management company and AIFM that serves as a hub for cross-border business with international institutional investors.
- An attractive salary package commensurate with your experience
- An open-ended employment contract with a 6-month trial period
If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to send us your CV and motivation letter.
MEAG MUNICH ERGO AssetManagement GmbH
für MEAG Luxembourg S.à r.l.
Herr Corin Bloch, Tel. 089/2489-2025